Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Rule #8

Did you ever meet someone who was always positive? It's nice to be around them, isn't it? Even when most people would be down, somehow they still seem to find something to smile about. Well, that's Rule #8...BE POSITIVE. It's impossible to talk about being positive without discussing being negative. Personally, I find it hard to pay attention when listening to someone who is being negative all the time. Everyone has their moments of negativity, but I strive to be positive and upbeat most of the time. The funny thing is, your life is easier to live when you are positive. Lets face it, there are two sides to every coin, and it's just a matter of choosing which side of that coin you are going to focus on. It takes a conscious decision for a while until you get into the habit of seeing the bright side of things, but a habit it is. It will take just a little effort to change the way you think, but well worth it! Just think of all the things in your life that will change when you change the way you look at life! You will worry less, things won't bother you as much, people will want to be around you, you will sleep better, you will look better, have less stress and stress related illnesses, people will listen to you and oh how much more enjoyable life will be!

Worry is useless, negative energy that will not serve you. Quite frankly, there is no circumstance that worry will help, but it WILL hurt you. Worry prevents you from sleeping, distracts you from the things you need to be doing, adds stress to your life and body causing illnesses and pain, prevents you from concentrating on the things that can add joy to your day, changes your appearance, ages you....the list goes on and on. So I ask you, why spend even another minute on worry? I know it's easier said than done, but it CAN be done, you just have to focus.

What will be, will be...whether I worry about it or not. The future holds mysteries that will happen no matter what and I will get there no matter what. My son's illness for example...I can live my life distraught, asking "why us", wallowing in fear and worry...or I can live my life accepting and to the fullest. Understand, I would rather he be healthy, but at least he can be happy. And so can I. I choose to be positive and happy. This is a true example of "fake it 'till you make it". I encourage you to look for the bright side of every situation. I promise it will get easier the more you do it.

Don't worry, be happy...

Rule #1 - I AM RESPONSIBLE
Rule #2 - ALWAYS BE KIND
Rule #3 - DON'T HOLD A GRUDGE
Rule #4 - DO THE RIGHT THING
Rule #5 - SMILE
Rule #6 - BE GOOD TO YOURSELF
Rule #7 - SAY I LOVE YOU
Rule #8 - BE POSITIVE



No comments:

Post a Comment