Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rule #2

So rule number two in my life rules is ...ALWAYS BE KIND. There is nothing in life, no situation, that can't be made at least a little better by kindness. Kindness is catchy, too, so you may just make someone's day without ever coming in contact with them. Isn't that a cool thought?

When my son was in the hospital that first time and I was slowly coming to the awareness that he had cancer, I remember a nurse taking the time to sit with me. It was late at night, the floor was quiet, and this nurse took my hand and brought me to the nurses station. She didn't give me any powerful words of wisdom, she didn't give me any advise, she didn't even try to console me. She simply held my hand. To this day, the memory of her kindness sustains me. I don't know who she was, but she will forever live in my heart.

Imagine having that kind of impact on someone's life. I want to be remembered like that, for my kindness.

Rule #1 - I AM RESPONSIBLE
Rule #2 - ALWAYS BE KIND

No comments:

Post a Comment