Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rule #5

If I told you I could give you the power to make your day brighter, improve your looks, stop arguments, get people to listen to you, feel good, get better service, be happier, have more positive interactions with the people you meet, improve your surroundings and improve your mood, what would you say? Do you think you would want that power? How much would you pay for it? Well the truth is, you already have that power! Rule #5 is SMILE.

Have you ever been in an argument and something strikes you and causes you to smile? Kind of diffuses things, doesn't it? I find it impossible to be negative when I smile. I'm not talking about a false smile, but a true, genuine smile. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is truly a rule I live by. Such a simple concept, but such a powerful tool! A smile has the ability to change your mood, your looks, your interactions with other people...but not only that, a smile has the ability to change the mood and interactions of the people you come in contact with! How cool is that!?

In sales, we often say to smile when talking on the phone...they can hear it in your voice. And it's true...when I am on the phone with someone, I can tell when they are smiling. A smile costs nothing and quite frankly, is a small gesture, and yet the dividends are endless. The best part is, the dividends reach far beyond you...they effect everyone you interact with. Think of a child's smile. Big and bright, no self awareness... Even thinking about it makes you smile, right? Smiles are contagious. They make us feel good, they make the people around us feel good. You look better when you smile. You get better service when you smile. People respond to your smile. I like to be around people who smile, and I know you do too. I've heard of studies that show the very act of smiling releases chemicals in your body that make you feel good... And...it doesn't hurt a bit! So now you know my secret weapon...a smile.


Rule #1 - I AM RESPONSIBLE
Rule #2 - ALWAYS BE KIND
Rule #3 - DON'T HOLD A GRUDGE
Rule #4 - DO THE RIGHT THING
Rule #5 - SMILE



2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT post! And definitely words to LIVE by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerri! I hope you enjoy the rest of this blog. My heart and soul are within. I LOVE feedback, so Yhank you for taking the time. Please feel free to share...

      Delete