Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rule #6

So, remember Rule #2? Always be kind? Well rule #6 is similar......BE GOOD TO YOURSELF. Now this rule has many aspects to it. For me, being good to myself means eating right, exercising, meditating...but most of all, treating myself with the same kindness I show others.

It's important to take some time for yourself. Every week I get my nails done. It takes about a half hour, but it's time I give myself. Most days I meditate. A time I spend to quiet my mind, relax and free myself of the day to day worries and troubles that cloud my day. These acts are little gifts from me to me. They help me to put my life in perspective. Even small acts of kindness to yourself will go a long way!

You know that little voice in your head? Your "self talk"? Well, I want you to listen to it for a moment...what's it saying? If your self talk is criticizing you, berating you, talking negative....try pretending you are talking to a beloved friend. Would you be using the same words? Would you be saying the same things? Well, the next time you find that self talk being hard on you, try forcing kinder words. Try pretending you are talking to a friend. Not only that, but give yourself kudos when you do something right. Let you be proud of you! When someone gives you a complement, say "thank you". This will take some time to master, but the rewards are unlimited. We all make mistakes. Giving yourself a "pass" will free you to move on, treating yourself will make you feel special....taking care of yourself, LOVING yourself, will change your life!

Rule #1 - I AM RESPONSIBLE
Rule #2 - ALWAYS BE KIND
Rule #3 - DON'T HOLD A GRUDGE
Rule #4 - DO THE RIGHT THING
Rule #5 - SMILE
Rule #6 - BE GOOD TO YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment