Friday, February 8, 2013

Group Mentality

I recently went on vacation with a group of friends...rather, a group of people who by the end of our vacation were all friends. I have a group of girlfriends that all get together for a weekend three or four times a year. My whole family goes away together every year. Family reunions...dinner parties...the more the merrier...There is something magical about a group of people getting together to have fun. A few months ago I was at a convention and it must have been fifty people that crowded into a tiny karaoke bar at the end of the day...the next morning, there was a camaraderie that permeated the meetings we all attended.

Now, I know that sometimes good intentions are not enough. Sometimes personalities conflict, but when the synergy is there, it's magic! Look for it!

This post is different than most in this blog because it is purely an observation. A tribute to the laughter, the closeness, the fun I have had with the groups of people I have shared this magic with. I seek out those magical times, I look for the opportunities to join together with others....simply to have fun. It energizes me! The company of others is vital to us all...the company of a group set on having fun...now that is magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment