Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rule #14

Teddy Roosevelt said "Believe in yourself and you're half way there". Rule #14 is BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. I've heard athletes say its 90% mental, 10% skill. Success depends on belief...period! If you doubt yourself, no matter what you are doing, you will not succeed. I've seen this to be true time and time again...not only in my own life, but in the lives of others. We had a challenge in my company recently, and every one of my colleagues who said it couldn't be done didn't make it. It's uncanny, but without your belief, you won't accomplish what you set out to do.

So how do you believe in yourself? It's easy to say, right? Well when doubt creeps in for me, I start small. There are usually several steps to the success you are looking to accomplish. Lets say you want to run a marathon, but it seems insurmountable. Start small...I bet you can believe you can run a mile. Once you've mastered that, two miles will seem a lot more believable. The bigger picture is sometimes overwhelming but smaller snapshots are easier to believe in. The truth is, believing is more than half the battle. Think positive!

Now some people say if you don't get your hopes up, you won't be disappointed and I know some of you reading this blog may disagree with me...but these are the rules that I live by and I don't subscribe to that theory. I have seen it backfire too many times. You have to believe in order to achieve and once you get your mind and belief in the right place, I assure you you will succeed more times than not.

"It's only impossible if you believe it to be." - The Mad Hatter


Rule #1 - I AM RESPONSIBLE
Rule #2 - ALWAYS BE KIND
Rule #3 - DON'T HOLD A GRUDGE
Rule #4 - DO THE RIGHT THING
Rule #5 - SMILE
Rule #6 - BE GOOD TO YOURSELF
Rule #7 - SAY I LOVE YOU
Rule #8 - BE POSITIVE
Rule #9 - LAUGH
Rule #10 - DON'T JUDGE
Rule #11 - SET GOALS
Rule #12 - SING AND DANCE
Rule #13 - MEDITATE
Rule #14 - BELIEVE IN YOURSELF



No comments:

Post a Comment